XXIV INTERNATIONAL JOINT CONFERENCE ON INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
"The Role of Industrial Engineeting and Operations Management in the Digital Transformation Era"
Military Academy, Campus Lisbon and Amadora, Portugal (July, 18th - 20th)
The 24th IJCIEOM - International Joint Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management.
This joint conference is a result of an agreement between ABEPRO (Associação Brasileira de Engenharia de Produção), ADINGOR (Asociación para el Desarrollo de la Ingeniería de Organización), IISE (Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers), AIM (European Academy for Industrial Management) and ASEM (American Society for Engineering Management). It will take place at Academia Militar de Lisboa from July 18th-20th, 2018.
The 24th IJCIEOM motto is: “The Role Of Industrial Engineering and Operations Management in the Digital Transformation Era”.
The mission of the Conference is to promote links between researchers and practitioners from different branches, to enhance an interdisciplinary perspective of industrial engineering and management. It will be a conference of very high standards, built on the experience of previous editions of ICIEOM, ADINGOR, IISE, AIM and ASEM conferences.
The International Joint Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management will be a unique opportunity for networking, to enjoy a high quality scientific program and an exciting social program. We are looking forward to meeting you in Lisbon (Portugal) in 2018!
The general objectives of the IJCIEOM – International Joint Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (2018) are:
• To promote researchers networking as a way to exchange ideas and approaches that contribute to the development of Industrial Engineering and Management from a scientific and entrepreneurial perspective.
• To present advances in industrial engineering and operations management, and their applications to companies.
• To maintain the level of excellence of previous conferences, in such a way that their publications (proceedings, books and journals) continue to be the best reference in this field.
• To strengthen the national and international exchange relationships for investigators from recognized universities and research institutions.
LISBON – CAMPUS SEDE (1st day)
Address: Rua Gomes Freire 203, 1169-203, Lisboa, Portugal
Campus Sede is on the city center, we recommend to use the following subway stations: Picoas station, Saldanha station or Anjos station. These subway stations are 10-15 minutes walking from the University. You may check the subway network in: http://www.metrolisboa.pt/informacao/planear-a-viagem/diagrama/
AMADORA – CAMPUS AMADORA (2nd and 3rd days)
Address: Av. Conde Castro Guimarães, 2720-113 Amadora, Portugal
Coordinates GPS: 38° 45’ 14,804'’ N 9° 14’ 0.488'’ W
To Academia Militar Campus Amadora we recommend to use the train. Amadora train station is 10min walking to the Military Academy – Campus Amadora
- Vieira Borges (AM) – Chair
- João Reis (AM) – Co-chair
- Geert Letens (ASEM)
- Giovanni Mummolo (AIM)
- J. Carlos Prado (ADINGOR)
- Jayant Rajgopal (IISE)
- Marlene Amorim (Aveiro)
- Rui Lima (Uminho)
- Sandra Pinelas (AM)
- Gabriela Olivato (ABEPRO)
Local Organizing Committee
- Vieira Borges (AM)
- João Reis (AM)
- António Serralheiro (AM)
- Sandra Pinelas (AM)
- Antonio Cezar Bornia (ABEPRO)
- José Comesaña (ADINGOR)
- João Reis (Chair)
- João Reis (Chair)
- Adolfo López (ADINGOR)
- Carlos Eduardo Sanches da Silva (ABEPRO)
- Carlos Ferreira (Aveiro)
- Jan OlaStrandaghen (AIM)
- Jochen Deuse (AIM - Technische Universität Dortmund)
- Jose Marcelo Cestari (ASEM)
- Julie Drzymalski (IISE)
- KrzyzstofSantarek (AIM - Warsow University of Technology)
- Luis Onieva (Adingor)
- Nuno Melão (IPV)
- Pedro Cunha (AIM)
- Peter Plapper (AIM)
- Rafael Barbastefano (ABEPRO)
- Raúl Poler (UPV)
- Robert Minovski (AIM - Skopje University)
- Rui Lima (UMinho)
- Ruth Carrasco (ADINGOR)
- Suzie Long (ASEM)
- Yuval Cohen (IISE)
- João Reis (AM)
- Marlene Amorim (UA)
- Nuno Melão (IPV)
IMPORTANT DATES 2018
- Full paper OR extended abstract submission: Deadline extension to March, 17th
- Notification of results to authors: April, 16th
- Final versions of full papers: May, 5th
- Conference: July, 18th – 20th
Papers and Extended Abstracts are solicited on topics related to one or several topics of the conference list, but not limited.
“Papers” are encouraged but “Extended abstracts” of up to two pages may also be submitted.
All submissions will be double blind and peer reviewed and evaluated based on originality, technical and/or research content/depth, correctness, relevance to the conference, contributions, and readability.
Authors must choose one of the submission options: Papers (Short or Full) OR Extended Abstracts OR PhD Seminar (Full Paper and Poster).
Papers are divided in “Short Papers” (6-7 pages) and “Full Papers” (10-12 pages). A page constitutes approximately 300-400 words.
Extended abstracts are not going to be published in the conference book, but will give the opportunity to attend the conference and to discuss the abstract findings with other researchers. To keep consistency, we encourage the authors of extended abstracts to use the papers template.
The formatting rules can be find here: Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics (see Instructions for Authors at Springer Website) or download a Word Template or Latex Package. All papers must follow the Springer template in order to be published and indexed.
All the contributions should be written in English. Must not have been published before, not be under review for any other conference or publication and not include any information leading to the authors´ identification.
All the documents (papers and abstracts) for the double blind and peer-review should be saved and submitted in a PDF format.
The author(s) information(s) must be only available in the camera-ready version of accepted papers and abstracts, saved in Word or Latex format and also in PDF format. In case of a paper submission, these files must be accompanied by the Consent to Publish form filled out in a ZIP file and uploaded at the conference submission system.
Each registration guarantees the publication of one paper. If an author has more accepted papers co-written with other authors, he/she can choose either to pay an extra paper fee or to register the other fellow author.
The paper should have a maximum of 5 authors.
We recommend authors to read the ethical responsibilities for authors.
The corresponding author and coauthors (if any), shall sign up for the on-line service for papers and abstract submissions, available http://www.icieom.org/#
The submission deadline is March, 17th.
All the accepted and registered papers will be published in Proceedings by Springer, will be submitted for indexation by SCOPUS, WorldCat, Crossref, Google Scholar, among others, and will be available in the SpringerLink Digital Library.
PROCEEDINGS AND INDEXATION
Full and short papers accepted and registered will be published in Proceedings by Springer, will be submitted for indexation by SCOPUS, WorldCat, Crossref, among others, and will be available in the SpringerLink Digital Library. Approved papers are published at the Springer PROMS Edition, book title “Industrial Engineering and Operations Management”.
The IJCIEOM – International Joint Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (2018) motto is:
“The Role Of Industrial Engineering and Operations Management in the Digital Transformation Era”.
We welcome full papers and extended abstracts contributing to the following topics:
Business Models and Service Science
• New Service Business Model
• Technology-based Business Networks
• Smart Services
• Governance of Service Systems
• Service Design and Innovation
• Technology in Teaching
• Digital Literacy
• Industrial Engineering and Operations Management Education
• Human Resources Development
• Workplace learning and Leadership
Logistics, Production and Information Systems
• Big Data Technology
• Information Systems and Information Communications and Technology
• Lean Production and Management
• Defense Logistics
• Humanitarian Logistics
Quality and Product Management
• Quality 4.0
• Quality Management
• Quality fundamentals in the digital era
• Product Development and Management
• Fourth industrial revolution: Industry 4.0
• Digital transformation in the Industry
• Operations Management: process and inventory management
• Operations Research
• Healthcare Management
• Sustainable operations
PhD Seminars are an opportunity for students engaged in the process of finalizing their doctoral thesis to present and discuss their progress and goals with senior researchers, receiving constructive feedback from the scientific community. In the next XXIV IJCIEOM 2018 a special session will be dedicated to this type of seminar where doctoral students will present the work they have performed to date, the results and the way forward to the defense of the thesis.
Doctoral students wishing to participate in this session must submit their full papers in the same way as any other conference attendee, using the same format specifications provided in the conference templates, although they must comply with certain requirements:
• The paper must have a single author, who will be the PhD, or a maximum of two authors, if it also includes his thesis Supervisor. In either case, the PhD student should present the paper.
• The PhD thesis upon which the paper/presentation is based must not yet have been defended.
• Papers must address issues relevant to the Conference, i.e., belonging to the field of Industrial Engineering and Management.
• Participants must also prepare a poster, and bring it to the Conference where their work will then be displayed.
The structure of these papers and presentations must be clearly defined, including the following elements:
• Affiliation, Doctoral Program, Supervisors
• Statement of the Problem
• Research Hypothesis
• Research Methodology
- Data collection and/or analysis methods
- Stage of the research
• Expected contributions of the thesis
• Annex – Short bio of supervisors
The Conference will assign an expert researcher to each of these papers, who will be in charge reviewing the doctoral and its progress. Presentations of papers should be short (around 15 minutes) to allow time for questions, and for a general discussion at the end of the session on issues related to the research as well as future extensions. Participants must also prepare and bring a poster that will be used for displaying their work (in A0 size) at the Conference venue.
Participants in these sessions, both doctoral researchers and experts, will receive a certificate of participation, and the Young Investigator Award of the Conference will come out of the papers presented at the PhD Seminar. Publication of these papers will follow the same path as the rest of the Conference, they could be selected for publication in the book edited by a journal listed by the conference.
Will soon be available
Patrícia Matos is a very well-known journalist at the Portuguese Independent Television Broadcast (TVI), and during the last 5 years she has been the news anchor at the TV’s morning show between 6.30 am until 10 am. Patrícia usually conducts journalistic research on Digital Transformation Topics and is currently performing academic research with special emphasis in the old and new political communication strategies.
Patrícia is also a communicator, media training teacher and a blogger.
Bojan Lalic is the Professor at the University of Novi Sad, Serbia, and Chief Core Operations Manager and Advisor to the Minister for Innovation and Technological Development at the Government of the Republic of Serbia. His topics of interest are Program management, Operations Management, Digital industrialization, Innovations, Future production systems and Distance learning. He’s got PhD title under the mentorship of Professor Michael Poli from Stevens Institute of Technology (the home of Industrial Engineering and alma mater of Henry Gantt and Frederick Taylor). Professor Lalic published more than 20 papers in the best scientific journals listed on ISI Thomson Reuters, more than 100 papers presented on scientific and professional conferences. During his professional career he worked as Institute Program Manager for Cisco Entrepreneur Institute by Cisco Systems, and as the consultant in the numerous projects.
Professor Lalic is the Head of the Department of Industrial Engineering and Management at the Faculty of Technical Sciences where he launched first Serbian MBA studies at public universities. Also, he is founder of Distance learning laboratory at University of Novi Sad. He is the Director of National Belt and Road Institute in Serbia for cooperation with PR China. He is visiting professor at universities in P.R. China, Slovenia, USA.
Extended Abstracts and Papers (Short and Full papers) templates
• You can submit your paper or extended abstract here
REGISTRATION AND FEES
• Each registration guarantees the publication of 2 (two) papers. If an author has more accepted papers co-written with other authors, he/she can choose either to pay an extra paper fee or to register the other fellow author.
• When there is only one author but multiple acceptances, only one registration is required.
• Undergraduate students have to accredited their condition, not allowed for PhD students.
The registration will be available at: here
Infantry Major João Reis: 00351 917 109 683
(only available after 21 February – duty reasons)
Address Campus Sede: Rua Gomes Freire 203, 1169-203, Lisboa, Portugal
Address Campus Amadora: Av. Conde Castro Guimarães, 2720-113 Amadora, Portugal